There are many things that contribute to hair growth, like genetics and overall health. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can be considered a treatment for hair growth. At Aalto Hyperbaric Medical Group, we want our patients to understand all of the benefits that hyperbaric oxygen treatment has.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Hair Growth
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment may be helpful to those going through hair replantation. We understand that cosmetic surgery can be expensive and that the healing process can be long and difficult. Our hyperbaric chambers may be able to help increase the likelihood of your hair replantation or transplant surgery’s success.
In a hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber, your body gets 100% oxygen. This therapy can increase your collagen production and overall circulation. It can be helpful by stimulating and supporting your hair follicles before, during, and after the replantation. HBOT can assist in decreasing the number of scars, scabs, and bruising after your surgery. It may also reduce the chance of post-surgery infection and pain. The added oxygen to your transplant will increase in the chamber, possibly decreasing the need for revision surgeries.
Hair Growth and Oxygen Therapy Studies
HBOT has been proven to reduce the amount of post-surgery follicle shedding. In this study, they found that folliculitis and itching caused by FUE were lower when using hyperbaric oxygen treatment after surgery.
Hair loss is due to androgenetic male or female alopecia (AAG) or telogen effluvium, which can be helped by hyperbaric treatment as well. In this study, they found that by using a combination of medication and oxygen therapy, the level of hair regrowth was higher than with medication alone.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment and Cosmetic Surgery
Hair transplant or reimplantation is just one of the many things that hyperbaric oxygen therapy can assist with. In regards to cosmetic surgery, like hair transplants, hyperbaric oxygen treatment can help. Here are a few ways that HBOT can help you recover from your cosmetic surgery:
- HBOT may reduce the level of pain of cosmetic surgery. It can make the healing process more manageable and reduce the number of pain medications you may be taking.
- HBOT increases the creation of collagen which can assist with healing scars and creating overall smoother skin.
- It can assist in minimizing the redness that can happen after a cosmetic procedure, specifically in procedures that use laser resurfacing or chemicals for peeling.
- HBOT may reduce some of the inflammation or bruising that can happen after surgery.
- It may be able to accelerate the healing process of cosmetic surgery when used correctly.
- HBOT prompts the growth of capillaries which assists in the transportation of blood and nutrients to tissues or cells. This can assist you post-surgery by sending the nutrients to the area where cosmetic surgery was done.
What Other Things Can Hyperbaric Treatment Help With?
Along with cosmetic surgery, hyperbaric oxygen treatment can help with a number of different conditions such as:
Psychological Treatment: HBOT may be able to assist with:
- neurological disorders
Physical Treatment: HBOT may be able to help with conditions like:
- cerebral palsy
- decompression sickness
- Lyme disease
Other Treatments: Other ways that HBOT can help with:
- Athletic Injuries
- Wound care
At Aalto Hyperbaric, we can assist you in choosing the right way for you to use oxygen therapy.
What Should I Expect Before and During My Treatment?
When you arrive at our facility for your treatment here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Medication: There are particular medications that should be avoided prior to your treatment. The chambers may affect the medication from working properly. Other medications will get assistance while treatment takes place. Speak with your physician beforehand to make sure you take the proper precautions.
- Illness: If you become sick before your appointment, call and reschedule. If you have a fever, flu, or cold it can slow down your hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
- Treatment Time: A hyperbaric treatment time can start at 60 minutes to two hours. One single session of hyperbaric oxygen treatment does not show results as well as multiple sessions will. At Aalto, we recommend several sessions of the treatment to see the longest-lasting benefits.
- Health: We recommend keeping yourself as healthy as possible before your treatment. Carbonated beverages, alcohol, and tobacco should be avoided. If you are a smoker, we recommend not smoking during the length of your hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Tobacco may stop your body’s ability to transfer oxygen which is key to treatment.
- Risk Reduction: To reduce the fire hazard risk while treatment is taking place we ask that you avoid using cosmetic products prior to your appointment. Items like wigs, cell phones, and accessories are prohibited. We provide you with 100% cotton clothing that is safe to wear inside of these chambers.
Each hyperbaric treatment will look different from the others. We suggest speaking to your physician before booking an appointment with us. Our hyperbaric chambers are FDA-approved, but a prescription is still required for use. If you do not have a prescription, you can schedule a consultation with one of our physicians for clearance.
Aalto Hyperbaric Medical Group for Hair Growth
At Aalto Hyperbaric, we want to bring you the highest-quality hyperbaric oxygen chambers. We offer personalized care for each patient including those who are looking to increase their hair growth after transplant surgery. Our chambers are tested while they are being created to make sure they are actively producing the results we want before they leave the manufacturing facility The designs of these hyperbaric oxygen treatment tubes are made to make sure the patient is as comfortable as possible during their sessions.
HBOT chambers can bring you more benefits than just the condition you are scheduled for. The oxygen may heal wounds, increase the immune system’s functions, and stimulate cell growth. If you are looking for an effective way to maintain the healing of your hair transplant, Aalto Hyperbaric Medical Group can help you. Contact us to find your perfect treatment plan.